Updated: Oct 19, 2021
Welcome back to another episode of If Not Now Wen! Today we are talking to the serial entrepreneur Gary Hoover!
You're going to love hearing from Gary! He started Bookstop, which was later sold to Barnes & Noble for $41.5 million. This laid the foundation for the book chain's success. Gary then started Hoover's, Inc, with a successful exit of $117 million and digitized business information in the modern world.
Today, he is leading the American Business History Center with a mission to inform and empower entrepreneurs to learn business lessons from the great history in order to shape the future.
Gary and I discuss:
- How Gary started out, his passion for business and how he started his own companies.
- How learning from history can help you understand the future.
- How long you should look into the future when you start your business.
- How to react when life throws you obstacles.
- How entrepreneurship is a life-long discovery of yourself and your life goals.
Connect with Gary:
Connect with Wen: